MAking MAThEmatics TEAchers MObile
French participating school and Mathematics topics
Collège du Parc«Collège
du parc» is a lower secondary school in Sucy en Brie.
Sucy en Brie is a town
in the subdivision 94 (Val-de-Marne) nearby Créteil, with 25000 inhabitants.
Main of these inhabitants is in upper or middle class.
Webpage : http://www.ac-creteil.fr/clgduparcsucy/
||Number of pupils |
|6ème (11 years old)
|5ème (12 years old)
|4ème (13 years old)
|3ème (14 years old)
One class with
rugby option since year of “5ème”.
||Number of teachers |
|French and Latin and Ancient Greek
|History and geography and civics
are also 1 documentalist and 7 education assistants.
At the end of year of “3ème”84,5% of pupils succeed school
leaving certificate: general exam taken at fifteen (GCSE).
75% of pupils move
up to “lycée” , fifth form.
18% of pupils move up to vocational school.
of pupils repeat their year.
3% of pupils go to apprenticeship (CFA).
period September - November 2008
5ème (12 years old)Chapter 1: Numerical works
Point symmetry (rotation of 180° about the point)
- Knowledge and use of the following words: sum, difference, product,
quotient, terms, factors, numerator and denominator.
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of two decimal numbers.
- Order of size of a result.
- Knowledge and use of operating priorities in numerical examples like:
- Knowledge and use of operation properties.
- To state and use distributive law in order to develop or factorize numerical
- Solving a problem by writing and calculating an expression.
Chapter 3: Algebraic expressions
- Definition of a symmetrical point to another point.
- Construction of a symmetrical point to another point.
- Construction of usual geometrical figures by point symmetry (straight line,
- Statement and use of point symmetry properties.
- To recognize the symmetry centre of a geometrical figure and to construct
- To complete a geometrical figure in order to get a symmetry centre.
- Reduction of a multiplication; for instance: a×3 = 3a.
- Knowledge and use of operating properties in algebraic expressions.
- Knowledge and use of distributive law in order to develop or factorize
- Use of algebraic expressions to make numerical calculus.
- Equality test between two algebraic expressions by using numbers.
- Solving equations like: x+a=b and
- Knowledge and use of the expressions: adjacent angles, complementary angles,
supplementary angles, vertically opposite angles, alternate and interior angles,
- Statement and use of properties of angles made by two parallel lines which
are cut by a secant.
- Prove that two lines are parallel by using equality between alternate and
interior angles or corresponding angles.
- Showing equal angles in a figure and justifying.
- Connection of symmetry point properties to parallelogram.
- Statement and use of properties of a parallelogram.
- Construction of a parallelogram telling which properties are used.
- To prove that a quadrilateral is a parallelogram.
Click here to see the French
textbook excerpts on Fractions.
Click here to see the French
textbook excerpts on Pythagora's Theorem.